Tuesday 22 March 2011

This is what I'd like to be doing in 5 yrs time. . . . .

I was having a 'planning' conversation with a friend a few weeks ago.  I was talking her through a design for her son's Christening when out popped the question 'Do you want your invitations to co-ordinate with your cake?' - then it hit me (WOW) - "complete party packages"!   From invites, thank yous, bunting and sweet treats galore, all co-ordinating in whatever theme we come up with!  Only problem being I'm not sure about the printing of invites (I'm pretty ok with the graphic design side of things) and all the cute little labels I would need!  So I shelved the idea and forgot all about it. . . . . until today!!

THIS is what I want to be doing. . . . . THIS is what I want to be designing. . . . It's just so much more than baking cupcakes, it's about creating an amazing, fun, quirky party table for YOUR party - no matter what the occasion!  I'm determined to solve my 'printing issues' and really want to start investigating how to bring this all together!  I'm just in love with it! Still not sure how I came across it, but I found these images and my wee heart just leapt inside me! As I'm new to blogging I'm sure I need to credit the origianl source, I found these on the blog hello naomi and they are awesome!






























Simply gorgeous! Check out those details and the cake!! AMAZING!!

My dream starts here. .  . . .
K xx

7 comments:

  1. me too! this is my dream too. I have offered to do a dessert/candy table for my friends wedding in June and that will be my first proper one. I'm very nervous and excited. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been collecting all my favourites here if you want to have a look:

    http://pinterest.com/eviegeorge/dessert-and-sweet-buffets/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore them!! See, I didn't even know they had a name! I just had this idea and then saw your Facebook post and found this blog through that, somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it kathy...... i love all of martha stewarts stuff - i used to make wedding staionery and loved to theme the girls reception for them.... a LOT has changed in 7 years though.... Go for it girl!!.x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the encouragment, Mrs Button :)

    I'm planning on trying something like this for DS1s birthday next month, but we'll see! Must start collecting the glassware, I suppose!!

    Kxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am so loving your passion. I'm feeling it too for you. If you need help with bunting let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am needing help with a decent printer!

    ReplyDelete