Thursday 31 March 2011

Caterpillars and flowers. . . . .

Wow! So it's been a while since I was here and showing y'all what I've been up to!!  Looking after a poorly son and then kinda being poorly myself has meant no blogging for a day or two (ok, so it's been longer than that, but I'm here now, right!)

So, last week I was asked to create two very special cakes, one for a lovely little lad who was turning one and the other for a wonderful woman who was turning 40!  Gotta love the variety in my line of work :)

The first birthday cake was so much fun! So bright and engaging (and apparently too good to cut, but I'm sure it was scoffed in no time!)  I was totally delighted with how the cake turned out and the cupcakes were just adorable!!  Here's how it all looked. . . . . . .














The 40th birthday cake was one of my, almost 'signature', Giant Cupcake with buttercream 'rosette' frosting surrounded by a combination of piped and marshmallow 'chrysanthemums' :)  This cake was just soooo pretty and apparently was demolished in the record time of 30 minutes. . . . .anyone think they can beat that time? It's a LOOOOOOOT of cake!




So, that was last week's offerings - a little late, but we made it here at last!!

This weekend is full of flowers - CUPCAKE FLOWERS - arranged in beautiful bouquets - all ready to gift to some lucky ladies for Mother's Day!

Happy Caking
K xx

No comments:

Post a Comment